Friday, May 29, 2009

Extremely Excited, Very Nervous


I'm in Kentucky!!!  How exciting is that?  Did I heard someone ask if I was visiting?  The answer is a resounding nope!  I'm actually here for a job interview.  I know!  A job interview.  How long has it been since I used the hopeful phrase of job coinciding with my name in the same sentence.  So tomorrow afternoon I will be interviewing (in a group interview) at a local elementary school here.  Yup, you guessed it.  I'm extremely excited but very, very nervous.  I think it's hard to think I have tons and tons of competition since it will be a group interview.  My friend JB is right though...just be confident, yourself, and calm, and you will be perfect.  :)  Thanks, JB for the great advice.  So I'm going to end this part of the post right here so I don't jinx myself and so I won't get any more nervous.

As to my quilting, it has been put on hold.  I know I hear some "duhs" going around since I'm away from my sewing things.  At home though, I decided to clear away my projects for about a week and not stress about doing them.  None of them need to be ready as of this second.  So I think this will help me feel industrious again when I start after this week.  I did save up my birthday money and got some good precut fabric.  I also got a new quilt pattern called "Simply Sweet" by Me and My Sister.  It is very simply sweet.  My fingers are itching to sew it right now but I know I need the break.  On a sad, sad quilting note, the local quilt shop here The Corner Quilt Store (literally at the end of our street) is closing forever.  They were sweet ladies with awesome ideas.  So I'm going in tomorrow morning to see if I can find some great fabric at 40% off.  Hopefully, everyone there is taken care of and doesn't have to worry about the job market.


On a completely different page, I saw Angels and Demons the movie.  I think though that I will have to post a whole new post to put all my thoughts about that movie.  Definitely keeping my thoughts under wraps until I do.  Don't  say anything, ET!  I would like to have it as a surprise.  If anyone else has seen it (all my million readers...haha!), please tell me what your thoughts were.  :)

"Gratitude is rooted in the sense that life is a gift."  The Lord Is My Shepard p. 146
I think that quote from Rabbi Kushner's book says it all.  Everything in our lives are gifts, from awesome goodness to horrible evils.  Without horrible evil, would we be able to appreciate all life has to give us.  So yes, I think both go hand in hand.  Here are the things that I am grateful for:

  1. I am grateful for my family and friends.  Without them, I would be lost, lonely, and angry.  With them, I am strong, capable, and loved.
  2. I am grateful for my health.  I am the one that has the capability to change if my health is better or worse.  I am one of the few lucky that although I am overweight I do not suffer a horrible long list of maladies.
  3. I am grateful for my intelligence and love of books.  I am very smart...maybe not in the ways of school always but in the way that I know what I need to know and I am willing to learn something new all the time.
  4. I am grateful for all the bad things that have happened in my life.  haha!  I can hear gasps of disbelief.  As I have said, without bad things, I would not appreciate my family/friends/my job/loves as much as I do now.
  5. I am grateful for the most important thing of all...my life.  :)
I admit that Rabbi Kushner is definitely at the top of my Most Wonderful, Intelligent People list.  :)


2 comments: