Saturday, May 9, 2009

The End of a Very Long Week

Right now, I'm watching one of my favorite movies with my cousin, ET.  How can people not like Robin Hood: Men in Tights?  Loved it when I was younger and love it even more now that I understand so much more.  :)  It's definitely a good way to end a long, long week.

Update about my dad:
Monday- Took him to see the Navy doctors.  SOOO different in the than civilian hospitals.  We were in and out within the hour with prescriptions.  They also listened to my dad and he was scheduled for x-rays and a MRI.  And before anyone gets all mighty mad.  I'm not saying that the civilian hospitals/clinics are horrible but there is something about the military that seems so much more efficient.  Of course, that might just be here in Charleston.  A lot of my relatives work in civilian hospitals.

Tuesday- Next on agenda, took my dad to get some x-rays done at the Navy Hospital.  Funny coincidence...I saw some of the teachers from my old school walking the kids to the library for a show.  I do miss those field trips.  I don't know exactly what I'll do next school year if I'm not teaching.  I am trying to keep on the bright side of things and know that I will get a teaching job.  Keep your fingers, toes, hair, and other parts crossed for me.  A bright spot is that ET came over and finished the series, Firefly, with me.  Another good note too is that a good friend of our family got out of the hospital after heart surgery.

Wednesday- Last on the Dad agenda was getting him to the MRI place.  He had to have an open MRI because his stomach is too big and so had to go to another doctor.  I remember when I had to get a MRI done.  I had to go to the open one too but because I am so claustrophobic.  They drugged me up with valium.  It didn't effect in time for me to go under.  I don't think I ever felt so panicked in my whole life.  I cried so much that they taped gauze over my eyes.  Surprisingly enough, it worked.  Nothing else really happened except I pieced the rest of my coin quilt top.

Thursday- I babysat for one of the cutest little girls I have ever met.  We played all day and I think I freckled a little more.  So now I have 2,000 something freckles instead of 1,500 something.  She kept on talking and asking me "something something, right?".  When I didn't understand one time and asked her what she told me, "You are supposed to just say right."  Haha!!!  Too cute.  I babysat for friends of theirs and those children were too cute too.  I have been very lucky in the babysitting department for wonderful children.  :)

Friday- I tried to finish a few quilt tops I have been piecing.  I have also been meaning to bind at least one quilt, quilt two others, and make quilt sandwiches out of another.  I love having so many projects to do.  The only problem is that I don't have a sewing room so all my fabric and other notions are strewn around my room.  I did start a sweet, sweet baby quilt using the Aviary honey bun by 3 Sisters for Moda.  I found the pattern on the Moda bakeshop.  I am in love with the fabric.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take pictures of it so far.  Those are coming soon though.

Saturday- Spent the day with ET.  I have missed spending time with her.  All the adventures we have.  We went to see my cousin who is the sweetest cousin ever.  I love her so much.  She'll be turning 13 this year and it kind of freaks me out.  Ina is just getting so old now and doing things like being interested in the other cousin's preparations for the prom.  She was born when I was 16 and I have spoiled since the day she was born.  After we saw, ET and I had to go to Moncks Corner to find a bird shop. ET's dad wanted some zebra finches.  I admit they were cute even though I truly do not like birds.  They just freak me out too much.  I think it's their beady eyes.  And now, we are watching Robin Hood.  Today has been a good day.  :)

Oh, and on Friday we went to another cousin's house since her mom had heart surgery.  All the aunties cooked (fish, pancit, cookies, fish soup, crabs).  I love it all.  Unfortunately, I was given the responsibility to cook the crabs.  Even more unfortunately, I befriended those feisty crabs and named one Dave.  Sadness.  At least he tried to pinch the auntie who threw them in the big hot pot with no water.  Here's a picture of Dave on that fateful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment