Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all those beautiful mothers and soon to be mothers.  This year is a little different for us than past years.  We are usually in South Dakota celebrating with my grandmother.  She and I share the same birthday on May 12th and so when it just helps to have a weekend long celebration for both Mother's Day and our birthdays.  I admit that I love the fact that I have the same birthday as my grandmother.  I am the only granddaughter so it makes it that much more special.  Anyway, this year because of finances we weren't able to see my grandmother.  I'm hoping that if I find a job for next school year, then I will be able to visit her for fall break.  It worries me not seeing her at least once a year since she'll be turning 91 this year.  It breaks my heart every time I leave her.  But like others point out, I am very lucky to still have her and she is as healthy as she can possibly be.  :)

Today, my mom went to church early and then to breakfast.  My dad's back is still hurting something fierce and so he slept.  It seemed to be a beautiful day...all sunny and hot when my mom and I went out.  Then after we got home, I fell back asleep.  I have a love/hate relationship with naps.  I love them because I know it's kind of inevitable but I hate them because I feel like I am losing time.  Well, when I woke up, it was pouring rain.  Now if there are people out there reading this not from the South or at least South Carolina, then you might not realize what pouring means to us.  Pouring rain is when you can't see the front fender of your car.  My mom sent me to bring dinner to her friend who had heart surgery.  Not only did I end up hydroplane a lot of the way but ended up missing the entrance to their neighborhood because I couldn't really see it.  I know, I know.  So what, right?  Everyone misses turns all the time.  The issue is that their home is like my second home.  I could probably drive there in my sleep.  Anyway, freak me out.  I love rain but hate driving in it.  Later, my cousin S and I went out to dinner with other friends to celebrate my birthday and another friend's.  We all met at California Dreaming which is right on the water here in Charleston.  Beautiful sights while eating made more interesting by the lightning lighting up the whole restaurant in the floor to ceiling windows.  Great dinner though.  :)




I did promise to show my newest project using the Aviary fabric.  Look how sweet those colors are together.  It will definitely make such a gorgeous baby girl quilt.  I'm definitely going to save this one for someone later.  I don't know yet what design I'm going to use to quilt it.  I don't have a free motion foot or else I would love to try to stipple this quilt.  Sigh!  I'm sure I'll think of something by the time it gets to quilting it.  I think though that I'm going to have to try to finish the coin quilt that I have been working on for a while now.  Plus, I have another project in mind as presents.  Hopefully, I'll be able to show that one soon.  :)

Happy Mother's Day again and good luck with this upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment