Sunday, April 26, 2009

Very First Blog



I am very excited that I have finally started my blog.  Since I moved back home, I have been following so many different quilting/sewing/crafting blogs.  So those blogs inspired me to create one and just put my sewing out there and share.  I don't expect anyone to be really inspired by my blog but I would love hear feedback from others.

This sewing obsession started last May.  I admit that I was a little scared when I first began that it would was a phase that would only last for a couple of months at the most.  Little did I know then.  My cousin was going to have a little girl and so I wanted to sew a quilt after seeing a coworker's that she made.  I then asked her to teach me.  Trust me, I LOVE fabric. I always have.  To go through the fabric part of WalMart (when they had it), Hancock's, and now the quilting shops is like heaven to me.  So many different patterns and types to choose from.  It's like the movies you see when the room is spinning around the person because they are in ecstasy.  Right now, I'm starting out with baby quilts and hopefully one day move on to larger ones.  We'll see.  :)

A little about me:
I teach early childhood.  Not at the moment though because I moved and couldn't find a job so I moved back and still couldn't find a job.  So right now I have been like an one person quilting bee.  I love teaching and believe that I have found my passion and calling.  After figuring out that, I can only hope that everyone finds their calling.  I named my blog Southern Plumeria because I live the Southern part of the United States yet I have a tropical roots.  Plus, I love plumerias.  :)

I'll be back soon but I'll leave you with something I'm working on.  It's the American Primer charm pack from Moda.  Gorgeous colors!  Don't you love that blue and deep red?  :)


2 comments:

  1. I really do love the deep blue and red!!! This will make a beautiful project!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Love you! Isabel loves her quilt!

    ReplyDelete